I have always started my day with NutriDay! When I found out about the NutriDay relaunch I couldn’t wait to try out the new improved recipe! I actually purchased the new improved yoghurt before I received this awesome drop off!
I absolutely love the new creamy texture and flavour available in 3 new pack sizes (150g, 270g & 600g) it’s the perfect snack on the go!
NutriDay is the perfect SMART SNACK. It is creamy and delicious but also a source of Vitamin A, B-Vitamins, Vitamin D & Vitamin E – essential nutrients needed by the body every day.
National guidelines worldwide recognise the importance of including dairy products in a balanced diet.
Did you know:
Yoghurt currently only holds 1% share of stomach within South Africa, 2.3% of which can be attributed to children and 0.6% to adults. There are many snacks available in the market unfortunately, they are often at opposite ends of the spectrum from a health and taste point of view. Snacks are either very unhealthy like chips, chocolates and biscuits or extremely healthy like apples, for example. A gap exists for a happy medium that is both healthy and tasty.
The relaunch of NutriDay brings with it a new positioning strategy as a Smart Snack.
Below some interesting stats:
- For every 100 consumers entering a supermarket, only 32 will pass through the dairy shelves and only 10 will buy a yoghurt.
- In most European countries the Per Capita Consumption is about 1 yoghurt a day but in SA it is about 1 yoghurt a week.
- 1 out of 100 food products eaten in SA is a yoghurt.
- Do you know that the fundamental cause of obesity and overweight is an energy imbalance between calories consumed and calories expended.
In SA the incidence of obesity is on the increase; especially between 1 to 6 years with 1 in 5 children are overweight!
- Females are most affected.
- Childhood dietary habits are predictive of the size and amount of body fat in adulthood.
- Raised body mass index (BMI) is a major risk factor for non-communicable diseases like heart disease, diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure).
- South African adults :
- 24.8% women are overweight (1 in 4) and 39. 2% are obese
- 20.1% of men are overweight and 10.6% are obese.
Here are some awesome healthy recipes from Danone NutriDay!