Steps to set effective wellness goals and stick to them!
By Carla Smith – The Fitness Expert
1. Be specific and clear about what you want to achieve and why you want to achieve it!
What: I want to lose 15kgs or I want to live a healthier lifestyle
Why: I want to be fit, healthy and increase my self-esteem
2. Write down the steps that you will need to take
– Start exercising 3 x week for 30 minutes
– Start a healthy eating plan
– Find the correct supplements to boost your plan
3. Set a realistic timeframe for each goal
It takes at least 12 weeks to see major changes in the body. If you change your habits, follow a healthy eating plan and do some exercise, it is very realistic to lose 2kg every two weeks.
4. Break your goals down into smaller goals
– I want to lose 4kg in 4 weeks
– I want to lose 4cm from my stomach in 6 weeks
5. Set rewards for goals that you have accomplished
– If I exercise for 30min 3x week for 1 month, I can purchase a new pair of shoes
– If I stick to my healthy eating plan for 6 days during the week, I can reward myself with a cheat meal on the 7th day.